The mark "National Nutrition Month®" may be used to promote National Nutrition Month® to the general public or to companies and organizations which serve the public, or to refer generally to National Nutrition Month®. The term "National Nutrition Month®" cannot be used to promote companies, services or products not associated with the Academy. The words must never be altered in any way.
Permission is granted to broadcast media and publishers for use of the mark "National Nutrition Month®" for use with publicity focusing on the campaign. The use of Academy NNM press releases is encouraged, as long as they are repurposed in their entirety and the content is not altered in any way.
National Nutrition Month® campaign materials purchased from the Academy for free distribution to the general public may be imprinted with the message "distributed by [name of company, association or organization]."
Graphics, art, and related materials for National Nutrition Month® are also copyrighted and may not be altered in any way.
Users are granted a limited license to display the current year’s NNM graphic as listed in 1-7 below.
- School menus
- Bulletin boards
- Invitations to an NNM event
- Newsletter articles
- Educational flyers
- PowerPoint presentations for a NNM event
- Tickets for raffle prizes promoting NNM
Any other use requires written permission obtained from the Academy.
Examples of NNM graphic uses that are not permitted:
- The graphic cannot be used on any items for sale.
- The graphic cannot be used on items to be given away that are already available in the Academy’s NNM catalog, such as T-shirts, mugs, table tents, sticky notes and many others.
- Only employees of the Academy may use the NNM graphic as an electronic email signature.
- The term "National Nutrition Month®" and its graphic cannot be used to promote companies, services or products not associated with the Academy. The words must never be altered in any way. (Example: XYZ Burgers would not be permitted to place the NNM graphic on its menu, or ABC Grocers would not be permitted to use the NNM graphic in its ad for the purpose of promoting sale items.)
We will begin accepting permission requests on November 27, 2017.
If permission is granted, a graphic file in the JPEG and EPS formats will be provided via email within 10 business days.